Saturday, November 1, 2008

Heather Stamm

In a note of irony, only days after posting "Heather", I was driving on PCH through Newport Beach, just a few miles south of Huntington Beach, when I found myself behind a SUV with a window sticker that read something on the order of "Always Remember Heather Stamm". I could not believe it. Later, after a quick Google search, the mystery of Heather was cleared. She was 16 when she and a friend were struck by a car on PCH and 6th street. From the articles available online it sounds like several families lives were devastated. What a very sad story.

The story can be found at either the Daily Pilot or the Huntington Beach Independent

Heather Stamm, in my mind, will always remain the keeper and guardian of PCH and 6th in HB.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I knew Heather since we were 9. She was the nicest Person. I miss her so much and wish that accident never happened. I see her younger sister now and they look so much alike. rip heather. <3

Anonymous said...

thank you for your thoughts of our beautiful heather - i am heathers grandmother...it is very hard for me to go pass this intersection - my hope would be that someday our family can put up a permanent memorial for heather on the site - our pain is deep...it is not easy to re-arrange our lives without heather but we know we must - it will be a life long process - again i thank you for your kind words.